My little sister Joann was a handful. A three year old with an attitude of a rebelious teenager and the powerful screaming lungs of a newborn baby. As for me I was your curious, average nine year old. I never looked for trouble but it always found a destructible way to find me.
Like that time I was walking home from Jane's house and a gigantic, gruesome, green frog jumped in front of me than hopped onto my brand new, white gym shoes leaving a permanent green stain. Of course mom didn't believe me, she never does. She just shakes her head and rolls her eyes letting her brows fury in. What made me the most mad was that the frog didn't even bother to stop and apologize and I got a spanking for it and ended up wearing my gym shoes a size too small because of the dryer. Everyone knows you can't be the fastest kid at recess with cramped toes. When I asked mom if I could get new shoes she looked me up and down took a long pause, inhaled and slowly exhaled,
"Maybe if you didn't play in the mud and grass they would still be clean and nice. It'll teach ya a lesson, next time you'll tell the truth instead of a made up story."
I sat there quietly staring at her through my buffalo brown eyes, I was telling the truth.

I like were your going with this story. The descriptive word choices help paint a picture or film to words. Is this going to be a longer story or just end there? I would like to read more.
ReplyDelete